Tuesday, February 16, 2010

#6. Research Question

00Ok, on my last post, I did get a little bit random. I will probably rewrite blog #5 with my bibliography rough draft.

When I search the resources, one article that caught my eye is "A Pilot Study of Nursing Student's Perceptions of Academic Dishonesty: A Generation Y Perspective." Because I have heard some cases of medical school students cheating on their exams. I think this is not only against the university policies, but also very scary, because, doctors’ and nurses’ practices are heavily based on specific skills and knowledge. If they cheat on exams when they are in school, they probably do not have the knowledge in their mind, and when they go to clinical, they do not know what to do with the patients. Therefore, they are putting the patients’ lives at risk.

Now “academic dishonesty in the health professions” is my main interest. I will try to find more sources to make this topic work (if there is not much resources, I might have to change a topic). The one question that I can think of now is “whether a more strict academic dishonesty policy should be made and apply to nursing student?” (Maybe it will cause big problems when they enter the clinical, or it does not matter because when they enter the hospitals, they will learn what they need to know from the beginning by practices)

References: Arhin, Afua O. "A Pilot Study of Nursing Student's Perceptions of Academic Dishonesty: A Generation Y Perspective." ABNF Journal 20.1 (2009): 17-21. Print.

1 comment: