Wednesday, February 10, 2010

#4 Rutgers RIOT

This is the first time that I have use Rutgers RIOT. I have to say that it is an interesting and useful tool or my literacy training. It teaches me the research skills not only by talking, but also by let me engage in the learning process. I went through all the modules and had fun with them. I also finished some quizzes that they provide (and I did well on them ^_^). I have a main problem of citing sources, so I started form Module 4”Identiy Citations”. It has helped me a lot. I learned the difference between the citation of a book and a journal. There are some main differences: the citation of a book has the publisher name and the date of publication. The citation of a journal has volume number and page numbers. I also went though Module 5 carefully and learned that not all the resources can be used in a research paper. I wish that they can provide more information on some of the main research tools and do a tutorial on them, because I still have a problem with using refwork to cite my resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment